Templates in IncoDocs are incredibly flexible and can be easily customized to meet your documentation requirements, whether you need to tweak some field headings or add entirely new bits of information to a document, you'll be able to do it all and save the template to use again in the future.
1. Editing Field Headings
Let's say you want to change the 'Exporter' field to 'Seller', or you'd like to rename the 'HS Code' column to 'HTS Code', you can do this by clicking on any field heading to customize it.
Please note: Editing headings doesn't currently change the 'content' of the field which is what IncoDocs uses to autofill data between documents.
Removing or Hiding a Field
- Click on the field heading to edit it
- Change the Field Heading to be blank (empty).
- That field will now appear as an empty block on the final document.
2. Adding Columns on Products Tables
You can add, re-arrange and resize columns in your products tables at anytime.
There are 2 main types of columns:
Column Type 1: Manual Fields - Perfect for adding columns where information differs for each shipment and therefore need to be manually entered (i.e. a product expiration date). You can add in a Text, Number, Date or Country manual field.
Column Type 2: Product Record Fields - Used for adding information stored against a product including any custom fields you've created. Note: If you want to insert a product field into your documents, first you must add and save a Custom Product Record against your product (view more details further below at point 3).
To add a custom column:
- Click the plus '
+' to the right of the products table.
- Select the type of column you'd like to add.
3. Adding a Custom Product Record Field
If you want to insert a product field into your documents, first you must add and save a Custom Product Record against your product. When editing a product, click 'Add Custom Field', enter the field name, complete the field information then click 'Submit'.
Then add a Custom Field into a document
After creating your custom product record, click the plus '
+ ' icon, then at the bottom of the list you can select a field to insert this column onto your document. That field will automatically display onto your custom document template. Note: You can also click to drag and re-arrange the order of your columns.
4. Editing the Title of a Document
- Click on the document title
- Enter the new document title
- Click Update
5. Creating New Custom Templates
Once you've customized a template, you can save it as a new custom template to use again in future, letting you build your own library of templates tailored to your business needs.
To create a custom template:
- Make any customizations you need to a template when creating or editing a document
- Click Save changes when you're finished
- Select the option to Save as new template
- Enter a template name and configure advanced options if you wish to do so.
- Click Save and Finish
Advanced Options for Custom Templates
Custom templates have a few advanced options that can be configured:
- Template Name: The name of the template in IncoDocs
- File Name: The name of the file when downloaded onto your device.
- Appears in: Choose what sections of IncoDocs you'd like to be able to create this template from.
These settings can be configured when creating a new custom template and can be accessed at any time via the Settings > Custom Templates page by finding the template you'd like to configure, clicking the
••• dropdown button and selecting the 'Settings' option.
6. Updating, Editing or Deleting a Custom Template
There are 2 ways to update a custom template:
Way 1: From the Document Editing Screen:
- Make any customizations you need to the document
- Click Save Changes
- Select the option to Update current template
Way 2: From the Custom Templates Settings Screen:
- Click on Templates in the bottom left of the main navigation panel to access Settings > Custom Templates
- Click on the template you want to edit.
- Make any customizations you need
- Click Save Changes
Note: To delete a custom template click on the
••• dropdown on the template and click 'Delete'.
Need new template added to IncoDocs? 💬
Although templates can be heavily customized, some businesses may require specific document templates which are not currently available in the standard IncoDocs template library. If this is something you may need, please get in touch with us via the Intercom messenger (in the bottom right of your screen) or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively you can also book a call with one our friendly team members below: