1. Manually assign a default price variant to a contact
1. Navigate to your Contacts list
2. Click on the contact you wish to assign a default price variant to to edit it's details
3. Click on the 'Default Settings' tab
4. Set default buy & sell price variants using the dropdown menus.
5. Hit 'Submit' to save your changes
That's it! Next time you create a document for that customer/supplier, their default price variant will be used automatically.
2. Bulk assign default settings to contacts using .CSV importer
Using the .CSV import feature, you'll be able to import/update your entire contacts list and apply default price variant settings in one go.
For a full guide on importing contacts from a .CSV file, please read this in-depth article
Setting Default Price Variants in your .CSV file:
Download our sample .CSV template for importing contacts and fill it out
For each contact you wish to assign a default price variant to, enter the EXACT name of the price variant you wish to assign that contact into the 'Default Sell Price' or 'Default Buy Price' columns (refer to the image below). Leave the cell blank if you wish to use your default buy & sell prices for that contact.
💬 Need help importing your contacts?
Use the live chat in the bottom right of your screen to speak to one of our friendly team members who'll gladly help you format & import your contacts correctly and answer any other questions you may have. Alternatively you can send an email to email@example.com.